-->

In Addition To Nosotros Perish Along Our Await At Oliver Winterbottom

In Addition To Nosotros Perish Along Our Await At Oliver Winterbottom
In Addition To Nosotros Perish Along Our Await At Oliver Winterbottom

It's Christmas Eve, together with nosotros croak along our hold off at Oliver Winterbottom's diary. Here, nosotros grab upwardly alongside Oliver's exploits from the halt of Oct to the commencement of Dec …

October

28 Oct – Efforts to convey a re-union of vi of us retired, ex-Lotus senior staff has allowed me to circulate a re-create of the Veloce “flyer” to propose them of the book's existence. Mike Kimberley already has it but the others may endure less informed.

One recipient of the ex-Lotus staff message has responded positively already. Well done! Shortly afterwards, around other says he volition acquire it for Christmas.

November

1 November – Amazon UK has 8 left inwards stock – that's iv gone since 25 Oct – hooray!

3 November – “Esmeralda” (B B Bell) has received her re-create of the book. I sign it for her 6-year sometime son, Joseph. He already draws good together with could perhaps croak a designer when grown up. It was interesting that, because of Joseph's age, he did not realise my layout drawings were done alongside a pencil, yesteryear hand. He idea they were computer-generated. (Of course of written report they stand upwardly up good against the electronic machine!)

4 November – Matthew Vale inwards contact over his mass on the Lotus Europa. Always glad to help a boyfriend author. It's difficult run every bit the events were nearly l years ago!

5 November – I acquire a message from Charlotte Walker at Veloce. She has received a message from a Californian engineer who is restoring a 1979 Lotus Eclat. He would similar a signature from me together with I am nearly happy to create so. He tells us: “I've ever loved the wedge shape of the Elite/Eclat, together with it would hateful a lot to convey the signature of the human being who designed it”.

6 November – Today is the funeral of Paul Mickleborough, together with then I learned terminal evening. Paul and I attempted to start a sports motorcar fellowship named The Leading Edge back inwards the early on 2000s. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 let out of trouble organisation supports eventually permit us down. 

Amazon UK forthwith has xi books inwards stock – to a greater extent than on the way.

10 Nov – I take in the Lancaster Classic Car Show at the NEC, Birmingham every bit a invitee of the Lotus Elite Eclat Excel Owners Club. I am joined yesteryear Mike Kimberley (we croak dorsum to working together at Jaguar inwards the 1960s). Mike held senior positions at Lotus for many years.

Mike Kimberley, left, together with me at the NEC Classic Car Show.
              
nineteen Nov – I ordered a novel Citroën Cactus for delivery inwards the novel year.



11 Dec – I am due to bring together retired Lotus personnel Mike Kimberley (ex-CEO), Roger Putnam (ex-Sales Director), Richard Morley (ex-Managing Director) together with Mike Hamlin (Lotus Company pilot) for luncheon at Galvins, at the Centurion Club St Albans.


I computer program to pass Christmas at my sister's, only similar terminal year! Plans for a Christmas gathering of my daughter's solid unit of measurement are nevertheless beingness formulated. 

I wishing yous a real merry Christmas together with a happy novel twelvemonth for 2019.

Oliver







Advertisement